Updated: May 12
Take a minute and ask yourself if you are happy at work. Are you capable of adjusting to changes? Do you ever feel burnout? Are you ready to overcome all the obstacles without a panic? Do you meet unexpected challenges calmly and efficiently? All these qualities get around the two most important features: Resilience and flexibility.
Whether you are an employer or an employee, being resilient and flexible is the key to success. Want to see how? Then let’s firstly understand the meaning of these two concepts and their importance in your workplace.
Resilience is the ability to “bounce back” after meeting challenges and difficulties. Resilient people can often easily control their emotions. They treat every challenge not as a disaster but as an opportunity to learn and grow. Such a feature is vital in the workplace because this is the basis for some other positive qualities. For instance, resilient workers are more likely to be in a better physical and mental condition than those who get stressed and tired. This will lead to a lower opportunity for burnout. They show more engagement in teamwork and hence have good communication skills. What else do people need to be efficient and productive in the workplace? Flexibility. That’s what they need!
Flexibility is the capacity to adjust to circumstances and conditions. Instead of fearing something unfamiliar, flexible people often have different approaches to an inevitable change. They show more creativity, engagement and help achieve the company’s goal more productively. Flexibility is a strong strategy for many companies to gain success. Employees having this feature can do different tasks and more quickly. So, employers won’t have to hire additional people for those tasks.
Now that you know about the importance of resilience and flexibility look at the quotes below to reinforce your knowledge and get more inspired to change your working strategy.
Resilience And Flexibility Quotes For Small Business Owners
1. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison
2. “Change what you can, manage what you can’t.” - Raymond McCauley
3. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” - Winston Churchill Click to Tweet
4. “When nobody fails, everybody loses. Feedback and resilience are vital.” - Alan Froggatt
5. “Resilience is knowing that you are the only one that has the power and the responsibility to pick yourself up.”- Mary Holloway
7. ”It’s your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself, that determines how your life’s story will develop.” - Dieter Friedrich Uchtdorf
8. "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." - Henry Ford Click to Tweet
9. “Be flexible, but stick to your principles.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
10. “We are stubborn on vision. We are flexible on details.” - Jeff Bezos
11. “The best leaders don't know just one style of leadership - they're skilled at several, and have the flexibility to switch between styles as the circumstance dictates.” - Daniel Goleman
12. “Flexibility is the key to stability.” - John Wooden
13. “Let no one think that flexibility and a predisposition to compromise is a sign of weakness or a sell-out.” - Paul Kagame
14. “An effective leader allows exceptions to the rule for exceptional results or when circumstance demands.” - John Wooden
15. “Leaders honor their core values, but they are flexible in how they execute them.” - Colin Powell
16. "Be cleat about your goal but be flexible about the process of achieving it." - Brian Tracy
17. “Write your goals in concrete and your plans in sand.” - Anonymous
Resilience And Flexibility Quotes For Employees
18. "Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
19. "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." - Einstein
20. “We will either find a way or make one.” - Hannibal Barca
21. “The real opportunity for success lies within the person and not in the job.” - Zig Ziglar
22. “Failure is not the outcome-failure is not trying. Don't be afraid to fail.” - Sara Blakely
23. “Persistence and resilience only come from having been given the chance to work through difficult problems.” - Gever Tulley
24. “Change what you can, manage what you can't.” - Raymond McCauley